Monday, July 18, 2016

Who Am I?

A little bit about me.

I am a Christian. 
When I was 20 years old, I heard the life-saving message of the gospel and became a Christian. Not only did I become a Christian, I became an entirely new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17), a daughter of the King (Psalm 45:13), a child of God (John 1:12) , a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17), a friend of God (John 15:15), adopted (Ephesians 1:5), accepted (Romans 15:7), redeemed (Ephesians 1:7), forgiven (1st John 1:9), blessed (Ephesians 1:3), chosen (John 15:16), justified (Romans 5:1), and complete (Colossians 2:10). I know without a shadow of a doubt that not only do I have the promise of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I have the promises of God's Word everyday until I get there as well. It is my desire to live a life worthy of the calling of Jesus Christ.

I am a Wife.
When I was 18 years old, I met the second most important man in my life, my husband. We dated for 3 years, and got married when I was 21, 1 year shy of graduating college. Most people thought we were crazy to get married so young, but I will tell you, it was the 2nd best decision of my life. We have grown up, graduated college, moved, bought a house, had four children, and done so much life together in the past 12 years that we have been married. He is my best friend and I love him so much. I am blessed to be his wife. It is my desire to have a marriage that glorifies God, exhibits the gospel, and is full of fun, friendship, laughter, and memories. 

I am a Mom.
Less that one year after I got married and the week I was graduating college, I found out I was pregnant with my first child, our first son. My husband and I decided that I would be a stay-at-home mom as that was my heart's desire. Having my first son was/is the most growing experience in my life. He made me grow up, gave me a purpose, and has shaped my character more than any person. Almost five years later, we added another son, who is a twin to our only daughter, who was stillborn. Almost six years later, we added our third and final son, who is our rainbow baby and such a blessing. It is my desire to raise my children to know, love, serve, trust, obey, and live for the Lord and to have fun while doing it.

I am a Homemaker.
Part of being a stay-at-home mom also entails being a full-time homemaker. Boy did I have a lot of learning and growing to do when I started taking care of our home. I didn't know how to cook and was so-so at laundry. I started reading books and blogs and watching other ladies to see how they managed their homes well. I desired to be a Proverbs 31, Titus 2 woman and needed all the help I could get. Through God's grace and a lot of trial-and-error, I have grown into my role and ministry of a homemaker. It is my desire to have a home that is clean and organized, but most importantly a haven for my family and full of hospitality for all who enter.

I am a Homeschooler.
When I became a Christian, then a wife, and quickly a mother, God pressed it on my heart to homeschool. I started doing preschool work with my oldest and haven't stopped (he is starting 5th grade this year). I absolutely love homeschooling my children, being able to be with them during the days, the relationship building between siblings, the flexibility, awesome field trips and vacations anytime we want, and being able to choose the curriculum to meet our beliefs and the learning needs of my children. It isn't for everyone, but it is definitely for us. It is my desire that while I am teaching my children each day, that they are really being taught by the Lord (Isaiah 54:13).

In addition to the main callings that I have shared, I also am blessed to be able to serve in my church in the children's ministry and lead a women's Bible study in my home. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also love to cook, bake, eat, organize, scrapbook, and read.

It is my desire that through this blog, God will use me to point people to Christ as I share organizational, homemaking, and homeschooling tips. I hope you enjoy reading and following my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment