Saturday, July 23, 2016

Freezer Prepping/Cooking for 7 Weeks

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love freezer prepping/cooking. For years I struggled to get dinner on the table each night in an effective, efficient, economical way. When I came across the concept of freezer prepping/cooking I was intrigued because I thought, "Wow! Do a majority of prepping and cooking in a short period of time and then just throw a few things together each night? Sounds great!"

So, I began freezer prepping/cooking. When I was pregnant, I did a 6 month prep so I would get through the last trimester and first few months without having to do much each night for dinner. I have also done one month at a time.

This year, I am doing something different to match our school calendar. I am planning to do 6 weeks of school and 1 week breaks throughout the year (more at Christmas/Easter/summer). During that week off, we will take some little trips and have time to prep for the next round of school. That being said, I will do my freezer prep during that week and prep enough for 7 weeks to get us to the next break. I plan to cook 4 meals a week, have one leftovers night, eat at church on Wednesdays, and have one dinner out each week. Thus, I am making 28 meals.

Here is the list:


Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Stuffing Pie
Chicken Pastry
Chicken Noodle Delight
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Barley
Chicken Potato Stew
Chinese Brown Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Catalina Cranberry Chicken
Maple Glazed Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Chicken with Skillet Gravy
Spaghetti
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Meatball Subs
Baked Ziti
Goulash
Chicken Parmesan
Lasagna
Meatloaf
Salisbury Steak
Steaks
Pot Roast
Burgers
Sloppy Joes
Pork Chops

No comments:

Post a Comment